Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Will Al Get a Free Pass?

It was just a short time ago I chastised myself from getting sidetracked on the purpose of this blog.
When I started this site and the previous American Crusader site, I wanted to concentrate solely on the war against terrorism but found myself getting caught up in issues such as abortion, religion (other than the religion of peace), and other social topics.
These subjects tend to be divisive and can tear apart alliances.

But there is no way that I can pass up Al Sharpton's recent remarks.

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation," Sharpton said Monday during a debate with Hitchens at the New York Public Library's Beaux-Arts headquarters.

Will Sharpton now receive the same sort of scrutiny for the bigoted remark that was aimed at the nearly six million American Mormons? Now I myself have had some reservations about his religion but being Catholic, I have had my share of anti-Catholic sentiment aimed at me. But Sharpton's remark "those of us who believe in God" in reference to Mitt Romney and other Mormons went too far.

It was barely a month ago when Don Imus made his infamous "nappy headed ho" statement in reference to Rutgers women's basketball team. All of us remember who led the charge to have Don Imus removed from CBS radio and MSNBC TV.

It doesn't seem fair that he can have it both ways.

9 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

Dont fret AC..all your posts are informative and well researched..as for the anti semite, bigot, white hating NOT SO Sharpton...he gets a free pass on the guilt of self hating Jews and Americans...its vile!
GREAT POST!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger American Crusader said...

MZ...is it just me or do I sense just a little cynicism?
Everyone knows a black man can get away with racism, saying the exact same thing that would get a white man into a lot of trouble.

Thanks Angel, I think you're right. Al will get another free pass.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jay Tuch said...

AC,
Of course he's going to get a pass. If Tawana didn't do him in, nothing will.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Obob said...

your depth and quality of posts are top notch and shown constant strength and effort. As for Al, he is a racist, plain and simple. He is as dangerous as any klan leader in a rural spot or nazi in urban settings. He preys on the weak and manipulates them with a phenominal oral skills and verbal poison

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's simply trying to exploit a "division" within the opposing camp. "Always attack at the angles"--Napoleon.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Urban Infidel said...

Sharpton is a buffoon and the media lets him get away with it.

So what church is he allegedly the Reverand for?

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Ducky's here said...

Probably, I would love to hear a rabies radio shock jock just up and say "Look, take a dixie you lousy race pimp. We're tired of you."

...that isn't likely to happen. The Reverend does good business. I think the "debate" he held with Sean Hannity should tell us a lot of what we need to know about American media.

It's just bad entertainment. Life and the truth is elsewhere.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Obob said...

the more I rad this and the excuses that follow, the more the true racist colors of the irrelevant sharpton come sto surface. Get it? irrelavant, kinda like reverand ... I must once again throw my head back and laugh at my crazy wit.
sharpton is still a jackass

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

I refuse to call Sharpton "Reverend", AC. He is anything but! He's two-faced, just like most of the liberals who only want free speech for themselves and to hell with everybody else. Great post! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket