Friday, May 22, 2009

Another Name Change?

In all honesty, I thought the previous title was borderline racist and not in good taste.
It's just with all this 'political correctness', I'm going a little bit crazy.
Did anybody take the time to watch both Mr. Obama and former VP Dick Cheney speeches yesterday?
Both speeches were a little wordy but if you took the time to look at the substance and not who is more articulate, Cheney clearly won.
I don't think there has ever been a Vice President who worked more unselfishly than VP Cheney. He clearly never had any desire for higher office.
I'm pretty sure the same cannot be said about the current vice president.
I would not be surprised if Obama switched vice presidents before the next election.
I think it's obvious that Mr. Obama is an extremely articulate person but being articulate doesn't make you right.
It seems to me that he made campaign promises without thinking out the consequences. Wasn't closing Guantánamo the first thing he promised to do?
Even his own party knows he is absolutely clueless on the issue when House Democratic leaders Monday dropped President Obama’s request for $81 million to close the Guantanamo Bay prison camp, bowing to strong criticism that the administration lacks a plan to relocate terror suspects detained there.
Has the war on terror ended and they forgot to tell the terrorist? Why in gods name, would we return prisoners of war before the war is over. These people were captured in combat, is Obama so naïve that he believes these prisoners now want to sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya with Americans, Israelis or any Western society?
I've been to Guantanamo Bay for 3 weeks when I was in the Coast Guard. Happily, I was never put under enhanced interrogation but I can pretty much guarantee that the prisoners we took in combat have been treated better than any Americans captured in combat. That's because all Americans that have been captured are now dead.
VP Dick Cheney clearly had a better command of the issues.
About all Obama said was rehashed campaign rhetoric about restoring America's moral leadership and his current line "blame it on Bush".
With Mr. Obama clearly on the path of bankrupting this country, the "blame it on Bush" routine will not work forever. It's time for him to take some responsibility.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

I would not be surprised if Obama switched vice presidents before the next election.I agree.

I missed BHO's and Cheney's speeches yesterday. So many crises going on in this household. I didn't read yesterday's newspaper at all, but plan to read today's newspaper before I hit the sack tonight.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

I heard both speeches, AC, and I couldn't agree more, although I'm not really sure Obama is all that articulate seeing as he needs to read almost everything from a teleprompter. You're being most kind! :)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger American Crusader said...

there were a few moments when the prompter wasn't functioning and Obama looked completely lost. Makes you wonder who is really in charge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket