Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The United States Open


Today I make my yearly pilgrimage to the U.S. Open tennis tournament being held at Billie Jean Tennis Center. Personally I would have preferred it being named after Jimmy Connors or John McEnroe.
That's just my choice.

Maybe I will be lucky and see Maria Sharapova or Martina Hingis.



I just hope the weather holds out today.

Open tracks today.

Update: The weather held up and we were able to see a lot of good matches including Rafael Nadal vs Mark Philippoussis, Lleyton Hewitt, Blake, and most importantly, Martina Hingis.


4 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

They wouldn't do that to Hillary Clinton, now would they?

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

Billie Jean King was "affiliated" with my college tennis-teacher, who was an obvious lesbian. She ruined the game of tennis for me because of her shennanigans in the locker room.

Hope you have a great time, Crusader.

Open tracks today? I'm a day late but HERE is my latest posting: "SAT's, Genius, and Smart Pills."

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger American Crusader said...

I had a great time thank you. Just wish I could have seen Sharapova...maybe next year.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

American Crusader,

Good to see you blogging again.

It appears the game of tennis has a major impact on my life. I was just thinking about Anna Kournikova, and Maria Sharapova when I was driving the other day, as I do when I am working etc. and now I find this post on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket